Summertime Tips: Keeping Cool During COVID19
As temperatures start to rise, our health starts to become a major concern. While trying to maintain good health during this pandemic, it is also important that we maintain well-being in the heat. With this in mind, Comfort and Care Home Care Services has assembled a list of tips for you to use as the weather starts to heat up.
- Staying Hydrated: It is important that you drink plenty of fluids. According to CDC, it is best that when working in the heat that you drink 1 cup of water every 15-20 minutes. It is recommended that you avoid alcohol, sugary drinks, and/or caffeine during these times. Although fluids are the best way to hydrate your body, food shouldn’t be ruled out. Make sure to eat fruits & vegetables and foods with high water contents.
- Wear Sunscreen: It is highly recommended that you wear sunscreen.
- Find the Shade: Along with staying in the shade and shielding your skin with clothing, sunscreens also help prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer.
- Dress for Success: Wear lightweight and light color clothing that promote airflow and that reflect heat from the sun.
- Timing: Limit activity during the hottest time of the day.
Keep cool and stay safe. Not only do you have to adhere to local and CDC guidelines related to COVID19 but you must also prepare for heightened temperatures during the summer months.
For any concerns, call the Philadelphia Heat Line (215) 765-9040 and in an emergency dial 911.
Your Friends in Care,
Comfort and Care Home Care Services