Have a crockpot? Love Turkey? Comfort & Care Home Care Services has got you covered!
Turkey doesn’t necessarily have to cooked in an oven. You can make a delicious and flavorful turkey right in the crockpot that you own.
1 bone-in, skin-on turkey breast, room temperature
2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
How to make?
- Grease a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Roll a large piece of aluminum foil into a rope and then fold the rope into an oval. Place in slow cooker, creating a rack for the turkey.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder. Pat turkey dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Press sugar mixture all over turkey, then place in slow cooker, breast side up.
- Whisk together chicken broth, honey and soy sauce and pour into bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of the breast reads 165°.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker. To crisp up the skin, transfer turkey to a rimmed baking sheet and broil until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with parsley and serve J